OUR MOTIVE: to serve others and in doing so serve Jesus Christ.
“For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. .. I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine you did for me.” (Matthew 25: 30-40)
OUR GOAL: that those whom we serve will experience the hope and love of Jesus Christ through us as we provide the necessities for daily living, encourage them to make next steps toward greater self-sufficiency in order to realize their value as a unique individual created with purpose.
OUR ORGANIZATION: Project Hope of NE Allegan County is a 501 (c- 3) tax exempt Christian ministry bringing hope to those in need through the resources of our individuals, churches, businesses and organizations.
OUR FACILITY: the Project Hope Annetta Jansen Ministry Center includes:
- Project Hope Thrift Store; providing clothing, household goods, furniture and appliances at a very low or no cost. It is our goal that many in the community and surrounding areas will shop at this retail outlet, helping to fund the ministry
- Annetta’s Pantry; providing food at no cost for those in need in NE Allegan County
- Compassionate Care Program;
- A Community Room used for volunteers breaks, a meeting room for possible Bible Study groups and Alcoholics’ Anonymous on Wednesday and Sunday
- Director’s offices and general office
OUR FAITH: because we are serving others in the name of Jesus Christ, we encourage our volunteers to share their faith in a personal and respectful way with our clients. We encourage them to meet Jesus Christ.